How to Make Kiss Cut Stickers
Written by: Nicole Plyler
Published: September 1, 2022
When it comes to sticker options, you have many choices, depending on the design and how you’ll use them. For art or logos that you want to be the shape of the sticker, you can opt for kiss cut stickers. They are especially advantageous for those who sell stickers and want to give them an easy way to peel. So, how do you make kiss cut stickers?
What Are Kiss Cut Stickers?
Kiss cut stickers are similar to die cut stickers. These stickers are cut precisely to the border of the shape with special blades. What makes them different is that they have a square backer, which allows you to pull the sticker and adhere it easily. You can opt for individual kiss cut stickers or a sticker sheet.
Why Choose Kiss Cut Stickers
Kiss cut stickers are ideal for delicate and detailed designs. Since it has a square backer, the sticker has protection during transit and handling. They are also easier to peel than a die cut sticker, making them an option for kids or others with less dexterity.
They are also excellent for promotional giveaways, as you can create many designs on one sheet. You have more room to be creative. The space outside the stickers, whether individual or a sheet, also offers an opportunity to add additional branding or messaging.
These stickers also look very professional, which is a plus if you offer them as products in your stores. Design fun and vibrant custom stickers in any shape.
Making Kiss Cut Stickers
Ideally, you want to purchase kiss cut stickers from professional printers. They have the material and equipment to do this perfectly and at scale. You’ll be able to upload your art, choose the size, enter a quantity, and designate a gloss or matte finish. It’s a straightforward process that only takes a few minutes.
What to Look for When Making Kiss Cut Stickers
There are many options for sticker production, but not all kiss cut stickers are the same. Here are areas to consider when making kiss cut stickers.
- High-quality vinyl: Cheap vinyl won’t stay stuck and lack the strength of 3M vinyl. It has a 3.2-mil. thick block out bubble free adhesive. This vinyl holds up to wear and tear and is waterproof.
- Lamination: Kiss cut stickers should have a UV layer that protects them from fading and make them scratch resistant.
- Backing liner: A silicon coated backing liner makes them easy to peel off so that just the sticker releases.
- Ink: Special ink is used on 3M vinyl, improving its durability, even when adhered outside.
- Adhesive: Waterproof adhesive can withstand any moisture (even the dishwasher), preventing curling and damage.
Find High-Quality, Affordable Kiss Cut Stickers at Stickerbeat
Our kiss cut stickers are premium and budget-friendly. You have lots of customization options, and ordering is seamless. Once you enter your art and order, you’ll receive a digital proof. Upon your approval, production begins. The typical turnaround time is three business days, and shipping is always free.
Start making kiss cut stickers today!